Saturday, November 8, 2014

Sunday

Having trouble with Internet on the laptop, and that's how we post photos. So I'll just write on the iPad. While the girls rested yesterday afternoon, I explored the neighborhood. I bought squeaky shoes and kids' chopsticks for Willow. I explored the small back streets near the hotel. They're full of little shops and restaurants. Lots of fresh produce. The vegetables here are delicious, especially the greens and tomatoes. I found little travel tins of Tiger Balm (good for cooling off in hot, stuffy places.)

Jeff gave the girls a bath, and we read books, then walked inside our big hotel. The fourth floor has a garden with fountains and a small playground. It also has a bar, swimming pool, big exercise room, spa, and indoor play room. We played in the playroom, then Ariel was so tired, Jeff took her to bed. Willow and I played. She liked the toys and echoed these words: Willow, Mama, Dada, cat, duck, apple. rabbit and frog were approximations.

Then Willow and I walked around the lobby and second floor in her squeaky shoes (they motivate for more walking and less carrying). Walking up the grand lobby stairs got her started, then she was on a roll, squeaking around in her new shoes.

We all slept well and are in for a morning of adventure with our group and Guangzhou Guide, Helen.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment