Saturday, November 15, 2014

First day home

It was about 2 or 3 AM when we went to sleep after getting home from the airport.  Most of our clocks have not "fallen back" yet, so time is approximate.  We all slept together in our giant downstairs floor bed.  Both girls were thrilled to be home.  Willow is hesitant to touch the cats, but right away pointed at Nene and said "cat!"  She also likes to say "Nene" because it sounds  almost like Nai Nai.  She laughs when we pet and kiss the cats and when Ariel kisses them.

Ariel woke up around 8 AM, and Jeff got up with her.  They were up all day, then Willow and I woke up at 4 PM (I have a little cold, so appreciated the long rest.)  I've decided I don't like the standard jet-lag advice (staying up and adjusting quickly.)  I like having a big, long, wonderful sleep right away!

So about an hour later, Ariel fell asleep, and she and Jeff have been sleeping downstairs ever since.  Willow and I are just goofing around the house.  She likes all the toys and books.  She seems to fit right in, just like this was what she was expecting.  Here, she walks around more, exploring, but doesn't want me out of her sight too long.  The cats are doing well, and are happy to have us home.  We were surprised by some gifts, notes, fruit, and cookies left by our neighbors and catsitting family.

No comments:

Post a Comment