Friday, March 26, 2010

A Visa Story

Tuesday, I turned in our visa applications at the Chinese Embassy in Tokyo. What the embassy lacks in color (shades of gray) it makes up for with efficiency and helpfulness. Even though most signage is in Chinese or Japanese. It's a fun place to be around lots of Chinese people.


Speaking of, I had my first meeting with little Amanda. It was great to see Beth again, this time with baby in tow. This was Amanda's first taste of raspberries, and her "who are you exactly?" look. When I showed her the pictures of Ariel, she held the paper and studied it seriously. Then she looked at me and smiled big.


Cherry blossoms are starting near Beth's house.

Soon to be full of magical light pink blooms



Afterward, I explored Shibuya, a busy shopping area. It's also a place for hip fashion: note the young man on left in a long skirt and man-purse.



Aaah, quick dinner at a sushi-go-round in Omotesando.


I picked up the visas today (Friday), and the boys celebrate.
The visas are basically a pretty sticker (with Great Wall art) on one passport page.
They allow us multiple-entries to China for one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment