Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why the FAQs?

Because

  1. People want to know. Believe me, it's been 4 years of wanting to share our excitement about adopting, but knowing that it opens the floodgates for questions. Most people are genuinely interested in how this adoption works and when it will happen. The FAQs are to help answer those questions.
  2. People deserve to know. Especially my close girlfriends who want to talk openly about conception, pregnancy, fertility, adoption, birth control, etc. I find it's better to be up front than to have friends tip-toeing around topics of pregnancy and such. Maybe you have to be a woman to understand this. Plus, as a scientist and healthcare worker, I am so interested in all those things, too.
  3. To be honest, it makes me uncomfortable to have people wondering about our reproductive organs. I'd rather they just know we really want to adopt our child.
  4. I don't want people to feel sorry for us. Our decision to adopt is a happy one! I think most everyone who adopts would say the same thing. And if it never works out, we know we are successful cat parents. They give us so much joy. Hey, there could even be dogs in our future (if we're lucky.)

No comments:

Post a Comment