Monday, January 25, 2010

shizukana (quiet)

Nothing too much to report. Our April 06 LID group people reported these vague nuggets:

  • Someone with LID 4/12/06 said "the girl in the matching dept. said we should get a referral in the next month or two." I'm thinking the "girl" was someone from her agency.
  • Someone said their agency expects matches around the 27th-ish. That's all I know - see, it's very vague!

Tomorrow I go to Tokyo to see friend Beth who's leaving Friday for China to meet their daughter. We're meeting at Kiddyland, a kitschy kids' store in Harajuku. Then lunch & beer! I'm spending the night at Yoyogi Youth Hostel just for fun and to do some quiet sightseeing.

Jeff is out of town, so the boys will have their robot feeders, and maybe a visit from nice neighbor, Shannon.

My head was spinning today after my lesson with Yukari-sensei (my Japanese tutor.) I'm learning so much! I can really talk with locals more now, and it's nice to make that connection.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    Ran across your blog via ispeakjapanese... We live in Nagano City, been here 6 years, missionaries. If you ever come this way and need a friend holler ;-)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete