Friday, October 17, 2014

ASCP conference

 I went to one day of the annual American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) conference in Tampa.  I do most of my continuing education and credentialing through ASCP (for Medical Lab Scientist.)

 We had an informal graduation ceremony for Lab Management University (an online program.)  About 30 of us were there to turn the tassels.

I attended some good workshops: 
  • Benign Mimics of Hematologic Malignancies  (my favorite one by two pathologists at Mayo Clinic Phoenix, because I used to look at blood slides a lot, wondering "is it malignant or just reactive?"  That's why the pathologists review it and do further testing.)
  • HIV update
  • Learning from Critical Incidents in the Lab
  • and a discussion about global health initiatives by Barbara Pierce Bush


Beautiful Tampa!

No comments:

Post a Comment