Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Filler



Juni shi (the Chinese Zodiac)


  • I've learned cutting way back on caffeine is good while expecting a referral.


  • Yesterday, I subbed an English class for my friend Cameron. I know the ladies (and one man) from previous teaching and a new year's party. We had an English lesson about the Olympics. Then they took me to lunch and taught me Japanese. I love that class!


  • They had a good laugh over "juni shi" (12 Chinese zodiac animals.) Because revealing your animal reveals your birth year, and some of them like to keep that a secret.


  • I just read a friend's thoughts on the orphan crisis in Haiti. Well-put. Until recently, Jennifer lived in Tokyo, so when I read her pre-referral posts, I feel like I'm re-living her anticipation.

I'll be busy greeting a new family tonight/tomorrow, volunteering at the lab, then going to Yuzawa with my culture group for the weekend. One of the ladies has a condo there, so we'll be having a slumber party in tatami rooms. There's a snow festival this weekend with big snow sculptures lit up at night and concerts. Although I'll miss Jeff and the cats, I'm thinking the onsen will feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment