Sunday, February 28, 2010

おは伊予ございます!

(Ohaiyo gozaimasu = good morning)
At least on this keyboard, it:s easy to type Japanese.

What could happen now? This morning is Monday in Japan and China, but what matters is the time in Virginia. Referral packages are expected in the US Monday. So IF our agency in Virginia gets referrals, they will call us with basic info about our child. It will probably be middle of the night in Tokyo. We asked them to call us at the hotel or on our cell phones, but if they can't get through, an email is fine.

We think photos will come later with the original documents(to be delivered to the lab where I volunteer because FedEx doesn't deliver to houses where we live.) Complete translation of the info will come by email later from our agency.

I know all of you wonder when we would travel. Maybe 7-9 weeks after referral (we'll be so busy with paperwork and travel plans. But there is no guarantee when. I wonder how we'll sleep tonight?!

On another note, my hostel is great. I had a roommate from Israel and a breakfast mate from Germany. The place is filled with foods and shampoos from around the world. 2 years ago I stayed in a wonderful hostel in Santiago, Chile. I am thinking of the Chilenos today.

No comments:

Post a Comment