Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Japan visa, Wizard of Oz, nothing new



I just noticed on our Clustr Map, someone in Okinawa looked at our blog. I wonder who that was!

I've been busy figuring out how we'll get our child naturalized as a US citizen after the adoption. We planned to do it at USCIS Honolulu, Hawaii, by flying there straight from China. However, a recent law allows US military members to naturalize children overseas, so we can do it home in Japan. Now the trick is, how to get our child a Japanese visa on her Chinese passport. We hope it won't be too hard at Japan Consulate Guangzhou, China or in Hong Kong (can you say Disneyland?!)

I'm re-reading The Wizard of Oz. What a trippy book! (The bobblehead image is just something I found on Google.)

Nothing new from Rumor Queen. It still looks like March 24th is the cut-off. Reminder: our LID is April 6.