Monday, December 9, 2013

Tofurky Day

Popcorn and Caramel are the "pardoned turkeys" who are now staying at Mount Vernon.  We went to see them one day, but they returned to their warm turkey house to escape the cold.  We could hear them gobbling.  I got this photo from the internet.

 We'd been traveling on Thanksgiving, so the day after, we had Tofurky roast.  I've never had this before, because I had a hard time finding it in stores.  This year I found it at Safeway and it kept well in the fridge while we were away.

 Gravy and "the bird"

 I made up the surrounding feast with frozen veggies, onions & garlic, sage, water chestnuts, and tater tots!


It was enjoyed by all for several days.  Delicious!  Still hope to see the turkeys if we can get to Mount Vernon on a warmer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment