Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 13

Ariel is asleep upstairs, and I'm having a lazy day at home.  I thought I'd write some text for a change.

We are waiting to hear about our next Air Force assignment any time now.  It will be a nice surprise, and we're prepared for anything.  In the meantime, we want to enjoy our last spring (and maybe part of summer) in Japan.  The weather is still chilly, but plum trees will bloom in a few weeks - all shades of pink, white, and purple.  Then in early or mid-April, the cherry blossoms will bloom.  We can see buds all over the trees now.

Ariel enchants us and makes us laugh every day.  She is into hand-gesture songs now, and likes to combine parts of different songs to make her own versions.  She loves taking a bath with either of us while we blow bubbles for her.  Ralph and Nene don't seem to mind her bedroom gymnastics and general monkeying around (flopping all over them sometimes.)

I've been vegan for 6 months now and am doing fine.  I don't plan to go back to eating animal products.  I experiment in the kitchen a lot, but don't have time to record all my creations.  Lately, I discovered raw, local veggies taste really good.  Especially with our home-made hummus.  I just hope they're not too radioactive!  Supposedly we are safe from the radiation here.

The girl is awake.  Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment