Friday, October 21, 2011

smoothie time

 I'm experimenting with "green smoothies" in our new Vitamix.  It blends fruits & veggies into a very smooth, drinkable texture in 30 seconds.  My neighbor, Elizabeth, told me about hers and sold me on the idea.  Plus, I read it's popular for vegan and raw eating.  I haven't yet used all its capabilities (making warm soups - the motor warms the blender contents in a few minutes, chopping veggies in a few seconds, etc.)  I have two books: Live Fresh Recipes (from Vitamix for vegan & raw ideas), and Green Smoothie Revolution.
 Smoothie with carrot, nashi (Japanese pear), mysterious farmer's market greens

Ariel enjoys a blueberry-banana-collard greens smoothie.  I'm learning tricks to control the foam (adding flax seeds or another fat source does the trick.)


No comments:

Post a Comment