Friday, December 11, 2009

reflections


Tonight, I get to go to Kunitachi Safehouse with Jeff's office (see map, it's just down the road.) Jeff is working in Hokkaido this week, so he can't go this time. The Safehouse is a place for kids whose parents can't take care of them. From what I understand, the children cannot be adopted. It's complicated to explain - and I'm using euphemisms. But we hope to have a nice time visiting them. I'm curious to see this place and meet its residents.



I'm feeling a little sad today that some people view adoption as a last resort. Once again, I was told there is still hope for me to get pregnant. I appreciate the good will, but getting pregnant is not our intent (see FAQs.) Providing a loving home for our child is our intent. I think Doraemon & Ralph agree that genetics don't define a family. We can't wait to have Jeff home next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment