Thursday, September 3, 2009

Galactic Peace Hotel









1. Galactic Peace Hotel
2. Pool
3. Lobby
4. Room
(all photos found on Google Images)


A few of you know I'm planning a solo trip (Heather + backpack) to China's Yangtze Region soon. This is something I've been wanting to do since we briefly visited southern China last winter. This trip is for fun & education only, not directly related to the adoption. Of course, I'd love to take Jeff, but he's saving his leave, and I have fun traveling solo (this could be my last time for a while!) My tentative plan is: Shanghai (will meet Rumor Queen friend who lives there), Suzhou, Nanjing, Nanchang, and Hangzhou. Mostly I'll stay in very cheap youth hostels (like $10/night in China!) But for Nanchang, I'm doing something special: staying in the Galactic Peace International Hotel (still cheap - $90/night - for a 5-star.) Why? Let me explain.



Nanchang is capital of Jiangxi province. Most of our agency's referrals (children) are from Jiangxi lately. I think we have a 90% chance of going there. Most families stay in the Galactic Peace, Gloria, Lakeview, or Jin Feng hotels. I chose Galactic Peace for the cool name, rave reviews, and lovely photos. Jeff is sold on the pool - he's determined to get our girl swimming even if we meet her in mid-winter! A fellow adoptive parent told me "it's the building across the street where you meet your child." How neat! I'll check out the other "adoption hotels", too, as well as the famous Wal-Mart, People's Park and Tenwang Pavilion.