Sunday, January 26, 2014

This n That

 After a very special errand, I treated myself to Japanese food at Tachibana.  I had soba noodles with vegetable tempura, seaweed salad, edamame, and Asahi while reading a Japanese newspaper (to the best of my ability!)  On the cover, it said "Akemashita Omedetou" (the new year opens) and had a photo of horses getting warm, steamy Japanese-style showers.

 Ariel in pretty new Christmas clothes.


Monday night jazz at Bohemian Caverns with Jehangir (click to watch an interview with him) and his granddaughter Margo.  He's been trying to get us there since we moved here.  He knows many local jazz musicians, so I had met some of these friends before. It was a fun time, and I hope to go again.  The Caverns are in downtown DC, and are really designed like caverns with stalactites and stalagmites.

On a recent cold & rainy weekend, we visited Marcela and family, who live a ways south of us.  We went through ROTC together, and hadn't seen each other in almost 20 years (although we've been in touch.)  It was great to finally meet her husband and kids, and cat Smokey.  Earlier in the day, Ariel & I visited cousins Eric and Lynn while Jeff studied hard for a professional test.

No comments:

Post a Comment