Friday, April 2, 2010

more photos: Maogang SWI

I got these photos from Maoming Maogang Yahoo group.
SWI = social welfare institute (orphanage and/or nursing home)
Maogang SWI is in Maogang district of Maoming city.

Busy marketplace near Maogong SWI


baby room


cribs


cribs

orphanage exterior


another view (new part of the orphanage, as of 2005)


These photos are from 2005. I'm not sure if adoptive families got to visit then, or what. I've also learned from this Maogang Yahoo group that scabies is a past and current problem. Jeff & I will both see our doctors next week for scabies cream!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    Good luck with your trip. I am a proud mom of a Maogang girl and she is in fact one of the babies in your photos above. She is tucked under the Orange and pink blanket, she was only 2 weeks old when those pictures were taken, I also have a few close ups of her and it is definately her!! They are invaluable to me and will be to her in the future. The babies in Maogang are so well cared for and importantly, Loved.
    You are so lucky to get a Maogang girl.

    Sonia in Ireland

    ReplyDelete